Halle, Flanders, Belgium
Korys (www.korys.be) is the investment company of the Colruyt family. Today, it has more than EUR 4.5 billion of assets under management. Besides holding a significant participation in the Colruyt Group, a leading retail company in Belgium and France, it actively manages participations in privately held companies and in private equity funds. Korys has also set up proprietary funds to manage its portfolio of listed investments. Across its activities, Korys’ investment decisions are taken with a long-term perspective and on basis of strict economic, ecological and social criteria. Korys aims to create sustainable value in 3 major ecosystems: Life Sciences, Renewable Energy and Conscious Consumer. To do this, Korys can count on a motivated team of more than 30 professionals based in Belgium and Luxembourg.
As Controller, you will be part of the Corporate department and will report to the CFO. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor operations and financial situation by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Develop and maintain a cash forecasting tool to support investment decisions
- Review the periodic valuation of the Company’s investments and aggregate the information to calculate the value of the Company
- Comply with tax and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipate future legislation, enforce adherence to requirements and advise management on needed actions
- Develop internal control function by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal procedures and controls
- Support year-end closing by reviewing financial statements and interacting with external auditors
- Prepare consolidated financial statements
- Ensure adequate corporate housekeeping of investment files and financial transactions
A successful candidate for this position will have the following characteristics:
- A relevant Master’s degree in Economics or Finance
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English
- Software skills: Microsoft Office 365, accounting and reporting tools
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic attitude, open-minded, flexible and eager to learn
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- High sense of confidentiality and adherence to the highest ethical standards and to Korys values
Korys is a dynamic organisation with short decision lines and an open and direct corporate culture.
A collaborator of Korys is offered possibilities to grow continuously as a professional in a stimulating business environment. Korys offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.